Dear athletes, below the updates for the upcoming month:
* Open water swim sessions cancelled on 1st, 8th and 22nd November – Hua Hincamp,Tri Dash race and Laguna Phuket Triathlon on these days. * Monthly brik session (bike+run) at Sky Lane confirmed on 14th November. * Open water swim+run session at Taco lake confirmed on Sunday, 15th and 29th November.
Enjoy your training,
* Swimming classes at Raquet club every Monday and Thursday, 19:30
* Run classes on Thephasadin Stadium every Tuesday, 18:30
* Virtual bike sessions on Zwift every Wednesday, 19:00 (highly reccomended for those who have smart trainers).
*Monthly Sky lane brik session (bike+run) confirmed on Saturday 14th November, 7:30am
* Open water swim+run session at Taco lake on Sunday 15th and 29th November, 8:30am
Weekly virtual bike session on Zwift
We keep our weekly virtual meet-ups on Zwift leading by coach Ivan Vlasenko
Every Wednesday: Ironguides meet up on Zwift, 18:30 (75min, main set: short intervals/hill repeats 30-180sec to improve your VO2max)
How it works:
You need Zwift membership and the right set-up at home, ideally including a smart trainer with resistance and the Zwift Companion app on your phone.
In order to be able to join the meet-up, you need to follow “Ivan Vlasenko” on Zwift and Zwift Companion Application.
Once you follow he will be able to invite you for a “meet-up”, and you need to accept the invitation in the app. It will appear in your planned events in the app.
You must connect to Zwift and start riding by yourself by clicking on “ride” at least 5 minutes before the official starting time. You can select any map, it does not matter. DO NOT click on “Ride with Ivan Vlasenko” on the menu page, else you might miss the official meet-up.
Once “in the game”, you should be able to click on “join Ivan Vlasenko’s meet-up” on the bottom left of the screen. The blue button will appear 5 minutes before the start of the meet-up. We will all be cycling on the Zwift stationary trainer for a few minutes until the official start time, use this as a warm-up and make sure you are ready for the ride (water, food, towels, fan, AC etc).
Open Water Swim+Run Session @Taco Lake
Weekly Brik session – Open water Swim + run off the lake – every Sunday 8:30am (except race weekend and public holidays)
Please note only 2 sessions in November (15th and 29th November). Final open water practice before LPT on 15th.
Open water swim session Schedule
0815-0830 – Arrival & Gear prep
0830-0900 – Warm up (800 to 1100m or open water skills workshop)
0915-1000 – main set
TRI-DASH THAILAND: 10% OFF at any event during 2020 – use our coupon code on the members area when registering for the race http://tridashthailand.com/
Training Plan library
Training Plans library updated (workouts in 3 levels Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced):
* 9 Training plans (3 distances in 3 levels):
Ironman, Half Ironman, Short Course & Duathlon training plans available
-11-page Ironman 70.3 race manual
-Traveling guidelines, Big day – Race simulation workout.
-21 race workouts to your short course plan, ironman recovery guidelines
-guidelines on nutrition, recovery, stress & core training
Access training plan area and sponsor discount codes HERE
Canned Training Plans now in THAI language
โปรแกรมฝึก (ไทย) หรือ คลิก เพื่อดูภาษาอังกฤษ. Training Plans (in Thai) or click here for training plans in English ironguides มีโปรแกรมฝึกที่เหมาะสมกับประสบการณ์และรายการแข่งที่คุณตั้งไว้เป็นเป้าหมาย ทุกโปรแกรมที่ตั้งอยู่บนหลักของ The Method ™ ให้รายละเอียดสำหรับแต่ละครั้งการฝึกสำหรับระยะเวลาที่ดีที่สุดในการเตรียมตัวเพื่อให้คุณอยู่ที่จุดสตาร์ดด้วยความรู้สึกที่ฟิต สุขภาพดี และมีความมั่นใจ
Online Booking system for drop in classes
Online Booking system for drop in athletes
In order to maintain quality of our sessions as our group grows, we now require advanced booking for drop in athletes via our website ironguidesthailand.net – it’s a very easy and simple system and takes less than 2 minutes. Please understand that no more cash payments will be accepted. Note that tri-club members aren’t required to book their presence.
The aim is to increase workout quality to club members while still providing the opportunity for non-members to come in casually & allowing new athletes to try out.
How to make your booking online:
1) Access ironguidesthailand.net > booking option is on the top of the page > Select desired class
2) Select date > Confirm availability > Fill in name + email > Send
3) Confirm details > finalize payment via paypal > receive confirmation email. No refund since when you book a class you take one limited slot.